Saturday 1 March 1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Wannabe by The Spice Girls.
In UK Where Do You Go by No Mercy was in the top 5 hits.
Donnie Brasco, directed by Mike Newell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1997!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1997 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Mandy Patinkin in Concert, opens at Lyceum Theater, New York City
- 5th annual ESPY Awards shown on TV
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- Dru Hill - In My Bed
- Madonna - Don't Cry For Me Argentina
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Babyface - Every Time I Close My Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?