Friday 1 March 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Always On Time by Ja Rule.
In UK Hero by Enrique Iglesias was in the top 5 hits.
40 Days and 40 Nights, directed by Michael Lehmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 2002!
Which were the important events of 1 March 2002 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 March
- Space Shuttle Columbia flies the Hubble Space Telescope service mission, its last before STS-107.
- U.S. invasion of Afghanistan: Operation Anaconda begins in eastern Afghanistan.
- The Envisat environmental satellite successfully reaches an orbit 800 kilometers (500 miles) above the Earth on its 11th launch, carrying the heaviest payload to date at 8500 kilograms (9.5 tons).
- The peseta is discontinued as official currency of Spain and is replaced by the euro (EUR).
- Space Shuttle mission STS-109 is launched at
- The Bush Administration acknowledges the implementation of the Continuity of Operations Plan for the first time.
- March 1 falls on a Friday for the last time in eleven years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?