Thursday 1 May 1913
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Raja Harishchandra, directed by Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1913 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Walter Susskind Praha (Prague) Czechoslovakia: conductor.
- Louis Nye: American comedian and actor (Born 1913).
- Walter Susskind: Czech-English pianist conductor and educator (d. 1980).
- Max-Pol Fouchet: French poet, writer, art critic and television personality.
- Max Fouchet: France Writer.
- John Barclay Armstrong: Texas Ranger and U.S.
- Longacre Theater opens at 220 W 48th Steet New York City, New York.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fritz Kreisler - Liebesleid (Love's Sorrow)
- Row, Row, Row - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?