Sunday 1 May 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1921 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- 12th Lord Middleton: English large landowner / multi-millionaire.
- Paul Daels: president (Flemish Iron Pilgrimage committee).
- Gilbert Durand: French academic known for his work on the imaginary, symbolic anthropology and mythology.
- Jacques Vabre: French entrepreneur, who expanded his father's coffee business by building the first industrial coffee roasting company in 1953 in Montpellier.
- Vladimir Colin: Romanian journalist and author (d. 1991).
- Boo Morcom: American pole vaulter and jumper (d. 2012)
- Louis Campbell-Tipton composer: dies at age 43.
- Drusian sultan Pasja al-Atrasj elected Governor of Suwayda.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Serenade - Efrem Zimbalist
- Why Worry? - Nora Bayes
- Bright Eyes - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Happy Six - Do You Ever Think of Me?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?