Monday 1 May 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Goodman and Tad Mosel.
Beyond the Rocks, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1922 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Julian Goodman: American broadcasting executive and journalist.
- Tad Mosel: American playwright, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, May 1961, for "All The Way Home," a Broadway adaptation of James Agee's novel "A Death in the Family.
- Pierre Ringel: France Actor.
- Julian : Glasgow EXecutives.
- James Garth: .
- Alastair Gillespie: Canadian scholar and politician
- Charlie Robertson of Chicago pitches a perfect no-hit, no-run game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Three O'Clock in the Morning - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- On the Gin-Gin-Ginny Shore - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?