Friday 1 May 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Malcolm Scott Carpenter in Boulder and Gabriele Amorth.
Strike, directed by Sergei M. Eisenstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1925 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Malcolm Scott Carpenter in Boulder: Colorado, USA; astronaut (Mercury 7 - Aurora 7).
- Gabriele Amorth: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic priest.
- Scott Carpenter: American astronaut-aquanaut; the second U.S.
- Paul Laurent: Génelard Politician.
- Helen Bamber: English psychotherapist and academic (d. 2014).
- Chuck Bednarik: Pennsylvania, United States -- NFL hall of fame center / linebacker (Philadelphia)
- Sardar Karim: Bangladeshi philosopher scholar and academic (d. 2014)
- Cyprus becomes a British Crown Colony.
- The All-China Federation of Trade Unions is officially founded. Today it is the largest trade union in the world, with 134 million members.
- The first Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer is held at the University of Toronto, Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When the One You Love Loves You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?