Wednesday 1 November 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1911 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Mingun Sayadaw: Burmese monk and scholar (d. 1993).
- Henri Troyat: French historian and author (d. 2007).
- The first dropping of a bomb from an airplane in combat, during the Italo-Turkish War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Down By the Old Mill Stream - Arthur Clough
- In the Land of Harmony - American Quartet
- Pink Lady Selection - Victor Concert Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1911 and get them!