Sunday 1 November 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1914 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Moshe Teitelbaum: Hungarian Hassidic rabbi (d. 2006).
- Jean Lelievre: S?es physician.
- Yves Viotte: Vannes Military man.
- William "Sabby" Lewis: Jazz pianist / arranger.
- Christopher "Kit" Cradock: English Admiral, dies in battle.
- Connie Mack asks waivers on Jack Coombs, Eddie Plank and Chief Colby
- Von Hindenburg named marshal of Eastern front
- World War I: the first British Royal Navy defeat of the war with Germany, the Battle of Coronel, is fought off of the western coast of Chile, in the Pacific, with the loss of HMS Good Hope and HMS Monmouth.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?