Wednesday 1 November 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1916 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Paul Miliukov delivers in the State Duma the famous ''stupidity or treason'' speech, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Sturmer government.
- Paul Miliukov delivers the famous quotstupidity or treasonquot speech in the Russian State Duma, precipitating the downfall of the Boris Stürmer government.
- he first 40 hour work week officially began in the Endicott-Johnson factories of Western New York
- The Kingdom of Poland is proclaimed by a joint act of the emperors of Germany and Austria.
- Honan Chapel, Cork, Ireland, a product of the Irish Arts Crafts Movement (1894–1925), is dedicated.
- U.S. presidential election, 1916: Democratic President Woodrow Wilson narrowly defeats Republican Charles E. Hughes.
- Republican Jeannette Rankin of Montana becomes the first woman elected to the United States House of Representatives.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?