Thursday 1 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Clarence E Miller and Margaret Taylor Burroughs.
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1917 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Clarence E Miller: American politician.
- Margaret Taylor Burroughs: US author / house painter (Black Queen).
- Zenna [Chlarson] Henderson: United States -- Sci-fi author (Anything Box).
- Zenna Henderson: American science-fiction writer, one of the first women in the genre to write under her own name without disguising her gender.
- Richard Lewis: American writer, professor, critic and scholar.
- Jean Vaysse: Le Mans physician
- Siegfried Jamrowski: Russian-German soldier and pilot (d. 2012)
- R Lewis: American scholar and critic (d. 2002)
- Clarence Miller: Blues / jazz vocalist, dies at 69 of a heart attack
- In WWI, the 1st US soldiers are killed in combat
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Musical Sam from Alabam' - Peerless Quartet
- Lily of the Valley - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?