Thursday 1 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1917 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Siegfried Jamrowski: Russian-German soldier and pilot (d. 2012).
- R Lewis: American scholar and critic (d. 2002).
- Clarence Miller: Blues / jazz vocalist, dies at 69 of a heart attack.
- Jean Vaysse: Le Mans physician.
- Zenna Henderson: American science-fiction writer, one of the first women in the genre to write under her own name without disguising her gender.
- Richard Lewis: American writer, professor, critic and scholar. He received a Doctorate in 1953 and was a Professor at Rutgers and Yale from 1959. His first book in 1955, "The American Adam," was followed by "The Picaresque Saint" in 1959. Noted as a refreshingly discursive critic, he also had articles published in "Trials of the Word."
- Clarence E Miller: American politician
- Margaret Taylor Burroughs: US author / house painter (Black Queen)
- Zenna [Chlarson] Henderson: United States -- Sci-fi author (Anything Box)
- In WWI, the 1st US soldiers are killed in combat
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Musical Sam from Alabam' - Peerless Quartet
- Lily of the Valley - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?