Saturday 1 November 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Secondari and Hermann Bondi.
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1919 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- John Secondari: Rome, Italy -- Newscaster (Open Hearing).
- Hermann Bondi: English-Austrian mathematician and cosmologist (d. 2005).
- The Coal Strike of 1919 begins. The United Mine Workers under John L. Lewis announce a strike for November 1, 1919. Final agreement comes on December 10.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Breeze (Blow My Baby Back to Me) - American Quartet
- Mandy - Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?