Tuesday 1 November 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Tausinger and John Willard Peterson.
Hamlet, directed by Svend Gade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1921 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Jan Tausinger: Composer.
- John Willard Peterson: Composer.
- Ilse Aichinger: Austria -- Author.
- John W Peterson: American songwriter (d. 2006).
- Harald Quandt: German entrepreneur and industrialist, stepson of Joseph Goebbels.
- Wadih Safi: Lebanese singer-songwriter oud player and actor (d. 2013)
- John Peterson: American pilot and songwriter (d. 2006)
- National Birth Control League & Voluntary Parenthood League merge as American Birth Control League
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit - Mimi
- San - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Three O'Clock in the Morning - Frank Crumit
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?