Thursday 1 November 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Extra Girl, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1923!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1923 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Ernest Blanc: French opera singer, baritone.
- Gordon Dickson: Canadian-American author (d. 2001).
- Menachem Elon: German-Israeli academic and jurist (d. 2013).
- Carlos Vilaró: Uruguayan painter and sculptor (d. 2014).
- Edward A de Jongh: Antillian author (The Arch).
- Gordon R[upert] Dickson: Canada -- Sci-fi author (Genetic General)
- Victoria de los Angeles: Spanish soprano (d. 2005)
- Gordon R Dickson: Canadian author (d. 2001)
- Victoria De los Ángeles: Spanish operatic lyric coloratura soprano and recitalist whose career began after the Second World War and reached its height in the years from the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s.
- Bruno E Lucander forms Aero E / Y (Finnair)
- The Finnish flag carrier Finnair airline is started in Aero Oy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cut Yourself a Piece of Cake - Ted Lewis & His Band
- When You Walked Out, Someone Else Walked Right In - Frank Crumit
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1923 and get them!