Monday 1 November 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Fear o' God, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1926 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Stephen Antonakos: Greek-American sculptor (d. 2013).
- Lou Donaldson: American saxophonist and composer.
- Olaf Kopvillem: Estonian-Canadian singer-songwriter and conductor (d. 1997).
- Betsy Palmer: American actress (d. 2015).
- Fulvio Roiter: Italian photographer.
- Gunter De Bruyn: Prolific German author.
- Louis H Chrispijn: Dutch actor / director (Krates), dies at 72.
- Air Commerce Act passes
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Katinka - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?