Wednesday 1 November 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Bosson in Belle Vernon and Bernard Kouchner.
The Flying Deuces, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1939 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Barbara Bosson in Belle Vernon: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Fay - Hill Street Blues, Hooperman).
- Bernard Kouchner: French politician, Minister of Health in 1992-1993, and of Foreign and European Affairs in 2007-2010.
- Barbara Bosson: American actress and singer.
- 1st animal conceived by artificial insemination (rabbit) displayed
- 1st jet plane, Heinkel He 178, demonstrated to German Air Ministry
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Sertum laetitiae
- The first rabbit born after artificial insemination is exhibited to the world.
- 2 ampndash WWII: Physicist Hans Ferdinand Mayer writes the Oslo Report on German weapons systems and passes it to the British Secret Intelligence Service.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?