Sunday 1 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Palm Beach Story, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1942 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Michael Zaslow: American actor best known for his role as villain Roger Thorpe on CBS's "Guiding Light," a role he played from 1971 to 1980 and again from 1989 to 1997.
- John M Spratt Jr: (Rep-D-South Carolina, 1983- ).
- Marcia Wallace in Creston: Iowa, USA; actress (Carol - Bob Newhart Show).
- Marcia Wallace: TV Actress.
- Larry Flynt: American publisher and founder of a porno magazine, Hustler, in 1973.
- Ralph Klein: Canadian politician, served as the 12th Premier of Alberta. He led the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta from 1992 until his retirement in 2006. His nickname is "King Ralph", which is a reference both to his political longevity and his perceived autocratic style of leadership.
- Hugo Distler: German organist composer and conductor (d. 1942).
- 10th day of battle at El Alamein
- Vice-admiral Cunningham becomes British commander-in-chief
- John H Johnson publishes first issue of Negro Digest.
- Matanikau Offensive begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on November 4.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dearly Beloved - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- When The Lights Go On Again (All Over The World) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?