Monday 1 November 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The North Star, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1943 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Nanon Thibon: French ballet dancer and teacher, an étoile (star) of the Paris Opera Ballet, 1965-1983.
- Salvatore Adamo: Italian-Belgian singer-songwriter.
- John McEnery: English actor.
- Jacques Attali: French government official and author, the twin brother of Bernard Attali.
- Bernard Attali: Algerian-born French businessman and government official and a twin.
- Thomas Mack: American pro football player. He was left guard for the Los Angeles Rams of the NFL, spending all 13-years with them from 1966 to 1978.
- Dim-out ban lifted in SF Bay area
- US troops land on Bougainville Island on Solomon Island
- Wartime dim-out ban lifted in San Francisco Bay, California area.
- World War II: Battle of Empress Augusta Bay, United States Marines, the 3rd Marine Division, land on Bougainville in the Solomon Islands.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, What A Beautiful Morning - Bing Crosby & Trudy Erwin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1943 and get them!