Thursday 1 November 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fallen Angel, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1945 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Narendra Dabholkar: Indian author and activist founded Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmoolan Samiti (d. 2013).
- John Williamson: Australian singer-songwriter.
- Rick Grech: Bordeaux, France -- Rock bassist (Blind Faith, Traffic).
- 1st issue of Ebony magazine published by John H Johnson
- The official North Korean newspaper, Rodong Sinmun, is first published under the name Chongro. Australia joins the United Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?