Friday 1 November 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1946 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Paul Villain: .
- Ric Grech: French-English bass player (Family Ginger Baker's Air Force Blind Faith and Traffic) (d. 1990).
- Dennis Muren: American special effects artist.
- Lynne Russell: American journalist and author.
- Yuko Shimizu: Japanese graphic designer created Hello Kitty.
- Jean-Paul Villain: French athlete primarily known for running the Steeplechase. He competed in the 1968 Summer Olympics, in the 1972 Summer Olympics, and in the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- Charles S Johnson becomes 1st black President of Fisk University
- German Country Nedersaksen forms
- Marken soccer team forms
- WABC becomes WCBS radio in New York City
- WEAF radio changes call letters to WNBC (NYC)
- West German state of Niedersachsen forms.
- New York Knicks first basketball game, beating Toronto Huskies 68-66.
- The New York Knicks played against the Toronto Huskies at the Maple Leaf Gardens, in the first Basketball Association of America game. The Knicks would win 68-66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Billy Butterfield & His Orchestra (Vocal Pat O'Connor)
- Frank Sinatra - The Things We Did Last Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?