Wednesday 1 November 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dan Peck and Tony Hymphris.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1950 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Dan Peck: Panama City, Florida -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (America).
- Tony Hymphris: Political activist.
- Robert B Laughlin: American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Mitch Kapor: American computer programmer and businessman founded Lotus Software and Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Robert Laughlin: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Dan Peek: American singe-songwriter and guitarist (America) (d. 2011)
- Griselio Torresola: Attempted to assassinate President Truman, shot dead.
- Puerto Rican nationalists Griselio Torresola and Oscar Collazo attempt to assassinate US President Harry S. Truman at Blair House.
- Pope Pius XII claims Papal Infallibility when he formally defines the dogma of the Assumption of Mary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?