Saturday 1 November 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daisy Morgan .
Montana Belle, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Hero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1952 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Dixie Lee American actress: dancer, and singer (Born 1911).
- 1st hydrogen device exploded at Eniwetok Atoll in Pacific Fusion occurs for 1st time on Earth
- First hydrogen device exploded by US at Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific.
- Operation Ivy : The United States successfully detonates the first large hydrogen bomb, codenamed ''Mike'' [''M'' for megaton], in the Eniwetok atoll, located in the Marshall Islands in the central Pacific Ocean. The explosion had a yield of 10 megatons.
- Kamchatka earthquake: An 8.25 Richter scale (9.0 moment magnitude scale) earthquake hits the Kamchatka Peninsula of the Soviet Union, equal only to the 2011 Japanese earthquake.
- United States presidential election, 1952: Republican Dwight D. Eisenhower defeats Democrat Adlai Stevenson (correctly predicted by the UNIVAC computer).
- The U.S. National Security Agency is founded.
- The Pace-Finletter MOU 1952: Memorandum of understanding is signed between ampquot...Air Force Secretary Finletter and Army Secretary Pace that established a fixed wing weight limit for the Army of five thousand pounds empty, but weight restrictions on helicopters were eliminated...ampquot( ''Pushing the Envelope'', p. 196)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 November 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?