Sunday 1 November 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Kiss Me Kate, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1953!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1953 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Lello Arena: Italian actor, comedian and television personality.
- Valérie-Anne Giscard d'Estaing: French publisher, and the eldest child of Valéry Giscard d'Estaing who served as President of the French Republic from 1974 until 1981.
- Jan Davis: American engineer and astronaut.
- Paul Wellings: English ecologist and academic.
- N Jan Davis: Cocoa Beach, Florida -- PhD / Astronaut (STS 47, 60, 85).
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10K (29:01.6) and 6 mile (28:08.4)
- KCEN TV channel 6 in Temple-Waco, TX (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- KMGH TV channel 7 in Denver, CO (CBS) begins broadcasting
- WHEC TV channel 10 in Rochester, New York (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Andhra Pradesh attained statehood on 1 November 1953, with Kurnool as its capital.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?