Monday 1 November 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Interlude, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1954 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Ruben Guerrero: in Mexico; relay swimmer (Olympic-1968).
- Algeria begins rebellion against French rule
- General Fulgencio Batista elected President of Cuba
- KUON TV channel 12 in Lincoln, NB (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US Senate admonishes Joseph Mccarthy because of slander campaign
- India takes over administration of four French Indian settlements.
- The Front de Liberation Nationale fires the first shots of the Algerian War of Independence.
- The FLN attacks representative and public buildings of the French colonial power.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?