Sunday 1 November 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1964 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Eddie Williams: Sheveport, Louisiana -- Infielder (Detroit Tigers).
- Richard Cooper: NFL tackle (NO Saints, Philadelphia Eagles).
- Daran Norris: American actor.
- Joe Leste in San Diego: California, USA; rock vocalist (Bang Tango - "Dancin' on Coals").
- Vietcong-assault on airport Bien Hoa at Saigon
- Kansas City Chiefs' Len Dawson passes for six touchdowns vs Denver Broncos (49-39).
- George Blanda of Houston Oilers throws NFL-record 37 passes in 68 attempts.
- Mortar fire from North Vietnamese forces rains on the Bien Hoa Air Base, killing four U.S. servicemen, wounding 72, and destroying five B-57 jet bombers and other planes.
- United States presidential election, 1964: Incumbent President Lyndon B. Johnson defeats Republican challenger Barry Goldwater with over 60 percent of the popular vote.
- The Bolivian government of President Víctor Paz Estenssoro is overthrown by a military rebellion led by General Alfredo Ovando Candía, commander-in-chief of the armed forces.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
- The Hondells - Little Honda
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1964 and get them!