Monday 1 November 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1965 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Inka Friedrich: German actress.
- Patrik Ringborg: Swedish conductor.
- Mia Korf: American actress.
- Richard Stephens: NFL guard / tackle (Oakland Raiders).
- 1st concert at Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco
- Ernie Terrel beats George Chuvalo in 15 for heavyweight boxing
- Trackless trolley plunges into Nile River, drowning 74 (Cairo, Egypt).
- First concert at Fillmore Auditorium, San Francisco, California, USA.
- A trolleybus plunges into the Nile at Cairo killing 74 passengers.
- Republican John Lindsay is elected mayor of New York City.
- Quaker Norman Morrison, 32, sets himself on fire in front of The Pentagon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- The Vogues - You're The One
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Everybody Loves A Clown
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1965 and get them!