Tuesday 1 November 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Last Train To Clarksville by The Monkees.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1966 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Mary Hansen: Australian musician (Stereolab) (d. 2002).
- Barbara Becker: German-American model and actress.
- Willie D: American rapper and producer (Geto Boys).
- Gary Howell: American businessman and politician.
- Jeremy Hunt: English businessman and politician Secretary of State for Health.
- Bob Wells: Yakima, Washington -- Pitcher (Seattle Mariners)
- Danny Everett: 4x400m runner (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Paul Lewis: Australian field hockey forward (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Ruud Cabbage: Soccer player (FC Twente)
- Ingo Steuer: German pairs figure skater, partner of Mandy Woetzel
- Sandy Koufax becomes 1st 3-time Cy Young Award winner
- William Dana in X-15 reaches 93 km
- Indian Haryana state created from Punjab; Chandigarh territory created.
- NFL awards New Orleans its 16th franchise (All Saints Day).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?