Saturday 1 November 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Van Hiles and Scott ''Skippy'' Chapman.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sneak Previews.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing dnd or Shark Jaws.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1975 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Van Hiles: NFL safety (Chicago Bears).
- Scott ''Skippy'' Chapman: American musician.
- Roberto Duenas: American basketball player: center, Bulls.
- Bo Bice: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blood Sweat & Tears).
- Manuel Ferrara: French porn actor and director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?