Wednesday 1 November 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Needed Me by Anne Murray.
In UK Summer Nights by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
The Wiz, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1978!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1978 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Ryan Burgess: American homicide; raped and murdered 20-year old college student Tara Gillon on New Year's Eve, December 31, 1996, Middleborough, MA.
- Mary Kate Schellhardt: American actress.
- Tyler Reks: American wrestler and businessman.
- Mary Schellhardt: American actress.
- Jessica Valenti: American blogger and author founded Feministing.
- Manju Warrier: Indian actress and dancer
- New York Yankee Ron Guidry unanimously wins AL Cy Young Award
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 November 1978 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?