Tuesday 1 November 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Moulson and Yuko Ogura.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Islands In The Stream by Kenny Rogers.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
All the Right Moves, directed by Michael Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Who Dares Wins.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sinistar or Blaster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1983!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1983 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Matt Moulson: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Yuko Ogura: Japanese model and singer.
- Micaela Schäfer: German model actress and singer.
- Josh Wicks: American soccer player.
- Jon Wilkin: English rugby league footballer.
- Anthony van Hoboken: Dutch musicologist (Born 1887).
- President Reagan established Dr Martin Luther King Jr holiday
- IBM announces the IBM PCjr. It features an Intel 8088 CPU, 64 kB RAM, detached keyboard, cartridge slots, and joystick, for $670.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Prince - Delirious
- Sheena Easton - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)
- Spandau Ballet - True
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?