Thursday 1 November 2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orangutan Island.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Story DS or Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2007 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 November
- S Ali Raza: Bollywood Screenwriter (Born 1922).
- The Swedish Mint () in Eskilstuna, Sweden, loses the competition to produce Swedish national coins to Rahapaja OY of Finland, ending a more than 1000-year-long tradition of minting Swedish coins in Sweden. (Dagens Nyheter)
- Automaker Chrysler announces plans for cutting an additional 12,000 jobs worldwide as part of a major restructuring plan. (AP via CNN)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunges over 360 points, or 2.6%, in its worst daily loss since February 27. Similar percentage losses occurred in Europe earlier in the day. (AP via Yahoo! Finance)
- 2007 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Noel strengthens into a Category 1 hurricane and heads towards Bermuda having killed at least 108 people so far. (Reuters)
- Benazir Bhutto leaves Karachi for United Arab Emirates amidst speculations that President Pervez Musharraf might impose martial law in Pakistan. (Dailyindia.com/ANI)
- 2007 Tabasco flood: Massive flooding hits the Mexican state of Tabasco, with Governor Andrés Granier estimating that 80% of its 25,000 km² surface area is underwater. (El Universal)
- Flash floods in central Vietnam kill at least 13 people and injure 31 with 14,000 homes submerged in Quang Tri, Quang Binh and Quang Nam provinces. (Reuters)
- A suicide bomber attacks a bus carrying Pakistan Air Force personnel in Punjab resulting in at least five deaths and 40 people being injured. (AP via NYT)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?