Tuesday 1 November 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Haywire, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 1 November 2011 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 November
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, makes Fort Monroe in Hampton, Virginia, a National Monument. (Reuters)
- The FBI and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission launch an investigation into MF Global after $600 million of customers' money went missing. (CNN)
- The Palestinian Authority is hit by hackers disrupting Palestinian internet and mobile phone services. A link has been suggested to Palestine's UNESCO bid. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- The United Kingdom Office for National Statistics releases GDP figures indicating growth of 0.5% compared to a 0.1% figure in the previous quarter. (BBC)
- Over 1.5 million people are still without power and four states declare a state of emergency after a nor'easter hits the Eastern United States. (CNN)
- At least seven people are killed and 200 injured following an explosion caused by two trucks carrying explosives crashing in Fuquan City in China's Guizhou Province. (CNN)
- A boat carrying 70 asylum seekers en route to Australia sinks off the coast of Java in Indonesia with eight confirmed deaths and fifteen people missing. (AAP via ''The Melbourne Age'')
- Almazbek Atambayev, the newly elected President of Kyrgyzstan, states that a lease for a United States air base in Manas will not be renewed when it expires in 2014. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- At least twelve people are arrested in London outside the Parliament of the United Kingdom after a protest against anti-squatting legislation turns violent. (BBC)
- The City of London Corporation pauses its legal action against Occupy London protesters outside St Paul's Cathedral after the church halted its own action and expressed a wish to enter into dialogue with the demonstrators. (BBC)
- In horse racing, French horse Dunaden wins the 2011 Melbourne Cup. (ABC News Australia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?