Saturday 1 October 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vladimir Horowitz and Otto Robert Frisch.
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1904!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1904 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Vladimir Horowitz: Kiev, Ukraine -- Pianist (Carmen).
- Otto Robert Frisch: Austrian-born physicist (d. 1979).
- Hermann Ehlers: German politician.
- Andrea Benagiano: Italy Scientist.
- Otto Frisch: Austrian-English physicist and academic (d. 1979).
- A Gopalan: Indian educator and politician (d. 1977)
- William GGVV Harcourt: Historian / English Secretary of State, dies at 76.
- JB van Heutsz becomes Governor-General of the Netherlands Indies
- Netherlands and Portugal lay down bounderies splitting Timor
- Phi Delta Epsilon, the international medical fraternity, is founded by Aaron Brown and eight of his friends at Cornell University Medical College.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1904
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye - Mina Hickman
- Good-Bye, Little Girl, Good-Bye - Byron G. Harlan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?