Wednesday 1 October 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Debt of Honor, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1913 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Hélio Gracie: Brazilian martial artist (d. 2009).
- Harry Lookofsky: American violinist and producer (d. 1998).
- André Fougeron: French painter, engaged as a communist since 1939.
- Helio Gracie: Brazilian martial artist (d. 2009).
- Eugene O'Keefe: Canadian businessman and philanthropist (Born 1827).
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa's troops take Torreón after a 3-day battle, when government troops retreat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That Little German Band - Al Jolson
- You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want to Do It) - William J. Halley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?