Sunday 1 October 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hector Campos-Parsi and Kim Ki-young.
One Exciting Night, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1922 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Hector Campos-Parsi: Composer.
- Kim Ki-young: South Korean film director (d. 1998).
- Burke Marshall: American lawyer, business executive, government employee.
- André Rousselet: French politician (sub-prefect, MP) and entrepreneur (taxis and TV [Canal +]).
- Chen-Ning Yang: Chinese-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Former Chicago Staleys play first NFL game as Chicago Bears, win 6-0.
- G.I. Gurdjieff opens his Institute for the Harmonious Development of Man at Fontainebleau in France.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweet Indiana Home - Aileen Stanley
- Lonesome Mama Blues - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?