Wednesday 1 October 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1924 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Jimmy Carter: American politician, 39th President of the U.S.
- Bob Geigel: American wrestler and promoter (d. 2014).
- Roger Williams: American pianist (d. 2011).
- William Rehnquist: American jurist and the 16th Chief Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court, a position he held from 1986 until his death on September 3, 2005.
- Fokker F-7 1st flight (Amsterdam to Batavia)
- Paavo Nurmi runs world record 4 mile (19:15.4) and 5 mile (24:06.2)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mandalay - Al Jolson
- Sophie Tucker - Red-Hot Mama
- Down Home Blues - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - Marion Harris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 October 1924 and get them!