Saturday 1 October 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Bosley in Chicago and Tom Bosley.
The Jazz Singer, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1927!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1927 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Tom Bosley in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Howard - Happy Days, Murder She Wrote).
- Tom Bosley: American actor of stage, screen and television, perhaps most noted for his role in the long-running television series, "Happy Days" (first showing in 1974).
- Sherman Finesilver: American lawyer and judge (d. 2006).
- Sandy Gall: Malaysian-born British journalist and newscaster.
- Wilhelm Harteveld: Composer, dies at 68.
- Pirates clinch NL pennant with a 9-6 win over Reds
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?