Tuesday 1 October 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1929 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Ken Arthurson: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Grady Chapman: American singer (The Robins) (d. 2011).
- Bonnie Owens: American singer-songwriter (The Strangers) (d. 2006).
- Jean Amadou: French entertainer, TV host, he created the "Bebete Show" for the private channel TF1 (with Stéphane Collaro and Jean Roucas).
- Antoine Bourdelle: French sculptor, painter, and teacher.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?