Tuesday 1 October 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Too Many Girls, directed by George Abbott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1940 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Steve O'Rourke: English race car driver and manager (d. 2003).
- Marc Savoy: American accordion player created the Cajun accordion.
- Jean-Luc Bideau: Swiss actor primarily in movies.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike, pioneer toll thruway, opens.
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike, often considered the first superhighway in the United States, opens to traffic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 October 1940 and get them!