Tuesday 1 October 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Bideau and Steve O'Rourke.
Too Many Girls, directed by George Abbott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1940 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Jean-Luc Bideau: Swiss actor primarily in movies.
- Steve O'Rourke: English race car driver and manager (d. 2003).
- Marc Savoy: American accordion player created the Cajun accordion.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike, pioneer toll thruway, opens.
- The Pennsylvania Turnpike, often considered the first superhighway in the United States, opens to traffic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?