Thursday 1 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Jabouille and Günter Wallraff.
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1942 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Jean-Pierre Jabouille: French former racing driver, who was one of the last of a breed of Formula One drivers who were also engineers.
- Günter Wallraff: German writer and undercover journalist.
- Herb Fame: American singer (Peaches & Herb).
- Robert Lelièvre: French singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1973).
- David Stancliffe: English bishop and scholar.
- Ants Piip: Estonian lawyer and politician 7th Prime Minister of Estonia (d. 1942).
- Little Golden Books (children books) begins publishing
- Bell P-59 Airacomet fighter, first US jet, makes maiden flight.
- First flight of the Bell XP-59 ''Aircomet''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?