Tuesday 1 October 1963
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beth Chamberlin in Danville and Jean-Denis Deletraz.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hafenpolizei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1963 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Beth Chamberlin in Danville: Vermont, USA; actress (Beth Spaulding - Guiding Light).
- Jean-Denis Deletraz: Swiss race car driver.
- Beth Chamberlin: American actress, she is perhaps best known for her role in the soap opera "Guiding Light.
- Mark McGwire: American baseball player, known as "Big Mac", a right-handed first baseman who played for the Oakland Athletics (1986–1997) and St. Louis Cardinals (1997–2001).
- Jean-Denis Délétraz: Swiss race car driver.
- 1st time since 1910 no AL player, played in every game
- Nigeria becomes a republic within the British Commonwealth.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 October 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- The Tymes - Wonderful! Wonderful!
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Ray Charles - Busted
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?