Wednesday 1 October 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Gonzalez and Sayaka.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bosco Adventure.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Drag Race Eliminator or Hypaball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1986 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Matthew Gonzalez: American Figure Skater.
- Sayaka: Japanese singer.
- Ricardo Vaz Te: Portuguese footballer.
- Daniela Katzenberger: German reality TV star, a singer, an entrepreneur, and a model.
- Jurnee Smollett: American actress.
- Sayaka Kanda: Japanese actress and singer
- Ricardo Tê: Portuguese footballer
- Justin Westhoff: Australian rules footballer
- Archie League: generally considered the first air traffic controller (Born 1907).
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Goldwater-Nichols Act into law, making official the largest reorganization of the United States Department of Defense since the Air Force was made a separate branch of service in 1947.
- US President Jimmy Carter's presidential library/museum dedicated in Atlanta, Georgia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
Top #5 songs in the UK
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?