Wednesday 1 October 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1986 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Sayaka Kanda: Japanese actress and singer.
- Ricardo Tê: Portuguese footballer.
- Justin Westhoff: Australian rules footballer.
- Sayaka: Japanese singer.
- Ricardo Vaz Te: Portuguese footballer.
- Daniela Katzenberger: German reality TV star, a singer, an entrepreneur, and a model. Daniela Katzenberger was born and raised in Ludwigshafen. After secondary school she trained as a beautician. Katzenberger is a qualified beauty therapist and won the title of Top Model of the World Mallorca. Her mother, Iris Klein, was a participant in the 10th season of the German version of TV show Big Brother.
- Jurnee Smollett: American actress.
- Matthew Gonzalez: American Figure Skater
- Archie League: generally considered the first air traffic controller (Born 1907).
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Goldwater-Nichols Act into law, making official the largest reorganization of the United States Department of Defense since the Air Force was made a separate branch of service in 1947.
- US President Jimmy Carter's presidential library/museum dedicated in Atlanta, Georgia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 October 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?