Monday 1 October 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Age of Turbulence by Alan Greenspan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shimmy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3030 Deathwar or Band of Bugs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 October 2007 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 October
- Ned Sherrin: English broadcaster, author and stage director (Born 1931).
- Harry Lee: Sheriff of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana (Born 1932).
- Ronnie Hazlehurst: English conductor and theme song composer (Born 1928).
- Al Oerter: American athlete, he won 4 gold medals at the Olympics (1956, 60, 64, and 68)in the discus throw, a feat only matched by Carl Lewis in the long jump (4 consecutive victories).
- Citigroup and UBS announce writedowns of US$9.3 billion of debt due to the credit crisis.
- Pope Benedict XVI replaced Archbishop Piero Marini, the longtime director of office of papal liturgies, with Father Guido Marini of the Genoa archdiocese. (Novus Motus Liturgicus)
- At least 15 people are killed and 19 others injured in a suspected suicide bomb blast in Bannu in Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province. (BBC)
- The Colorado Rockies beat The San Diego Padres in an extra-innings tiebreaker game to clinch a wild card birth to the playoffs
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?