Thursday 1 September 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Mack Brown and Ray Flaherty.
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1904 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Johnny Mack Brown: Dothan, Alabama -- Actor (Lawman is Born, Back Trail).
- Ray Flaherty: AFL / NFL / AAFC coach (New York Giants).
- George Biswell: English footballer (d. 1981).
- Johnny Brown: American football player and actor (d. 1974).
- The Denver Assay Office opens for business.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1904 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All Aboard for Dreamland - Byron G. Harlan
- Listen to the Mocking Bird - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- Reuben Haskins' Ride 'Round the World in His Air-Ship - Len Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?