Monday 1 September 1913
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Bianco contro negro, directed by Ubaldo Maria Del Colle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1913 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Ludwig Merwart: Austrian painter and graphic artist (Born 1913).
- Christian Nyby: American film and television director (Born 1913).
- Armand Monjo: France Writer.
- George Bernard Shaws Androcles & the Lion, premieres in London
- Yuan Shikai captures Nanjing 2nd Chinese revolution
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes Have Told Me What I Did Not Know - Enrico Caruso
- Mother Machree - Chauncey Olcott
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 September 1913 and get them!