Friday 1 September 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1916 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Sydney Dawson Bailey: Pacifist / campaigner.
- Dorothy Cheney: American tennis player with several titles and honors to her name including induction into the Tennis Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Paul Higgins: American Reverend and author who was a student pastor at Methodist churches in Dominguez, California from 1941-1943 and Washburn, Illinois from 1943-1946.
- Bulgaria declares war on Romania
- Keating-Owen Act (child labor banned from interstate commerce).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?