Saturday 1 September 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hilde Warren und der Tod, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1917 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Enid Hoffman: American writer of metaphysical books which include, "Develop Your Psychic Skills" and "Huna, A Beginners Guide.
- The US government prohibits gold exports.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?