Wednesday 1 September 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Way Down East, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1920 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Hubert Lampo: Flemish writer / essayist (Coming of Joachim Stiller).
- Liz Carpenter: American journalist author and activist (d. 2010).
- Eduardo Corso: Uruguayan lawyer and journalist (d. 2012).
- Richard Farnsworth: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Misery, Havana, Sylvester).
- Robert Jolibois: Marseille physician.
- France creates Lebanon
- New townhall of Rotterdam opens
- The Fountain of Time opens as a tribute to the 100 years of peace between the United States and Great Britain following the Treaty of Ghent.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- St. Louis Blues - Marion Harris
- Sergei Rachmaninoff - Prelude in G Minor, Op 23, No. 5
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 September 1920 and get them!