Thursday 1 September 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Blot, directed by Lois Weber, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1921 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Matt Higgins Doran: Composer.
- Willem Frederik Hermans: Dutch writer (Mandarins on Sulfuric Acid).
- Willem Hermans: Dutch writer, physicist, geologist, novelist, poet, also playwright, existentialist.
- Edward Fris: Orient Military man.
- Madhav Mantri: Indian cricketer (d. 2014).
- Nederlander Theater opens at 208 W 41 St. NYC (Billy Rose, Trafalgar)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Song of India - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- St. Louis Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- All By Myself - Frank Crumit
- Home Again Blues - Aileen Stanley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 September 1921 and get them!