Friday 1 September 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melvin R Laird (Representative-Republican-Michigan) and Yvonne De Carlo.
Monte Cristo, directed by Emmett J. Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1922 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Melvin R Laird (Representative-Republican-Michigan): US Secretary of Defense (1969-73).
- Yvonne De Carlo: Canadian-American actress, singer, and dancer whose career in film, television, and musical theatre spanned six decades.
- Vittorio Gassman: Italian actor, onscreen from 1946 in Italy.
- Balthasar Woll: German Nazi military.
- Yvonne DeCarlo: Movie Actress.
- New York City law requires all "pool" rooms to change name to "billards".
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Stumbling - Frank Crumit
- Coo Coo - Al Jolson
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Furman & Nash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?