Friday 1 September 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Monte Cristo, directed by Emmett J. Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1922 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Yvonne DeCarlo: Movie Actress.
- Balthasar Woll: German Nazi military.
- Yvonne De Carlo: Canadian-American actress, singer, and dancer whose career in film, television, and musical theatre spanned six decades.
- Vittorio Gassman: Italian actor, onscreen from 1946 in Italy.
- Melvin R Laird (Representative-Republican-Michigan): US Secretary of Defense (1969-73).
- New York City law requires all "pool" rooms to change name to "billards".
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Stumbling - Frank Crumit
- Coo Coo - Al Jolson
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Furman & Nash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?