Monday 1 September 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Red Lily, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1924 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Michel Roux: French singer, a celebrated baritone noted for his performances at the Paris Opera.
- Hal Douglas: American voice actor (d. 2014).
- Kenchoji Rinzai temple in Kamakur Japan, heavily damaged by earthquake
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's Yes! Yes! in Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Spain - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Indiana Moon - John McCormack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?